Supporting Families. Providing Great Care.
COVID-19 has brought far-reaching challenges for our patients and their families. ZoomDoc’s team of GPs have been on hand to provide instant advice, reassurance & care 24/7.ZoomDoc COVID-19 Home Test PlanZoomDoc has thought carefully about how we can support you and your families during this difficult time. We have put together an affordable home test plan to provide COVID-19 home testing, together with a Telemedicine Consultation with one of our dedicated GPs.
Affordable Home Test Plans:
ZoomDoc Individual Plan
- 1 COVID-19 home test kit
- 1 GP Telemedicine Consultation
Price - £75 per individual
ZoomDoc Family Plan
- 2 COVID-19 home test kits
- 2 GP Telemedicine Consultations
Price - £150 per family (plus £35 for each additional home test kit)
How does a COVID-19 self-test work? The self-test involves a small finger-prick blood test that you can perform at home with a result being available within approximately 15 minutes. The test detects IgG and IgM antibodies to COVID-19 from 7 days after infection and/or 3 days after the onset of symptoms.
How will the ZoomDoc COVID-19 Home Test Plan work?
1. ZoomDoc will arrange for a COVID-19 home test to be sent to your address either directly or from its third-party supplier, as soon as possible after your plan is confirmed.
2. Our ZoomDoc GPs are available 24/7 to provide telephone or video consultations both prior to and after testing, ensuring that its patients have access to responsible and educated healthcare professionals to discuss your symptoms or other healthcare concerns.
3. Current government policy requires all positive test results to be reported to Public Health. This reporting is vital to improve our understanding of Coronavirus and working on containing it.
4. Therefore, if your result is positive, we will ask you to email your results to us at email@example.com or to undertake your Telemedicine Consultation allowing you to provide your results directly to a ZoomDoc GP.
5. If you do not require to discuss your test results or symptoms further with a ZoomDoc GP, your Telemedicine Consultation will remain valid for a 12 month period.
Has the COVID-19 home test been approved by the appropriate regulatory body in the UK?
- Yes, the test that ZoomDoc will provide has been approved for use by the UK's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
Current UK healthcare policy is unclear whether COVID-19 home test kits can be supplied to patients without support from a professional healthcare provider being accessible. Therefore, at this stage, ZoomDoc will not be providing COVID-19 home tests to patients who are not signed up to one of ZoomDoc's COVID-19 Home Test Plans. We will continue to monitor this position over the coming days and weeks.
* ZoomDoc Family Plans to enable a further 3 additional COVID-19 test kits that can be purchased.
* All Telephone or Video Consultations must be undertaken within 12 months from the start of the plan.
* Referrals or private letters are charged at an additional £15 each.
* Prescriptions will be provided on the basis of clinical need.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in subscribing to the ZoomDoc COVID-19 home test service, please express your interest via the button below. We will be in touch shortly with next steps to arrange this.
Pre-Register ZoomDoc COVID-19 Home Test Plan
Our team of Doctors are on-call 24/7 to look after you and your family during this challenging time.
Keep well. Stay Home & Stay Safe.
The ZoomDoc GP Team